We operate a light industrial factory and a second hand store where we provide our employees with a mix of skills training and task rotation opportunities across a range of work areas such as packaging, textiles, woodwork, steel and resource recovery.
Our specialised resource recovery operations include:
- collection and disassembly of e-waste e.g. TV’s and computer parts are recycled
- collection and bailing of clothing and second hand household goods for reuse and recycling, including servicing and maintenance of public place clothing and household goods recycling banks
- document shredding and paper recycling
- stripping mattresses and separating the timber, foam and metal springs for recycling
- collecting, shredding and bagging polystyrene for resale and local re-manufacturing such as mixing with cement to make lightweight concrete pavers
- ripping scrap timbers for kindling
- cutting fence posts for firewood
- making old treated pine palings into seed trays for nurseries
- repair of old broken pallets for resale, and
- bagging sawdust for kitty litter and garden compost.